Sunday, July 27, 2008
My family traveled to Iowa this past weekend for a family reunion. You can imagine the disappointment of my children when we read the sign posted at the beach..."Swimming Not Recommended"..."due to high levels of bacteria found in the water..." So, I got to make the CHOICE not to get in the water or subject my children to the risk! I wonder how different my son's life would be right now if when we were in Florida, we had read a sign that said "Going to the beach not recommended due to high levels of brevetoxin" I pray that Florida will get a clue and start valuing tourist lives over the tourist dollars!!!!!!!
Posted by Sarah at 8:12 PM